Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Lehua's Birth

This is a journal entry about Lehua's birth written by Lilia (age 7). If you can't read it, I've re-written it below, with accompanying notes to help us remember a few things.




"When Lehua was born we had to go to my aunt's house, and it was fun. And then we visited Mom and Lehua, and I thought she was cute, and I got to hold her, and I was happy to see them, and my aunt got to see the baby too. And after, Dad took us to a restaurant, and we had almost everything on the menu." (I think Dad took you to Rodigio's.) "And we had fun there too, and next we went and visited them again, and we got a snack, and then for lunch we went to the happy chicken, and I got to hold Lehua again, and I was glad to see them, and at the happy chicken everything was good. It is always good, and pretty soon, Mom was going to come home and Lehua. And when they came, I was happy to see them, and me and Lissy cleaned up the house. The End."

The Happy Chicken is a Mexican restaurant in American Fork that Kulani loves. He goes there almost every Saturday with his friend Dave, and sometimes we join them.

2 comments:

  1. What a great big sister! She shows such love in her writing. Going to be just like her mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The restuarant we went to on Lehua's birthday was Rodizio. The kids ate everything, including the chicken hearts. Our server was amazed.

    ReplyDelete